3.30.2011

Stuck?

In the past few weeks I've been feeling stuck at this stage. My thesis advisor had been feeding me with some inspirational books though, one of my favorite books he lend me is Adrian Frutiger's Signs and Symbols: Their Design and Meaning.

page 121: The graphic weath of pictograms.
Some of the earliest Sumerian pictographic script, ca. 3500 BC  note: Heart 


page 258: Symbolic human figures: abstract, stylized and concrete. 11=Family 


page 265: Everyday objects elevated to symbols. 24=Cradle 


Few more sketch ideas for my thesis' graphic mark inspired by the symbols above.






Another inspiration from my advisor: The Visual Language of Herbert Matter
Hundreds of sketches is normal. I must stop complaining and keep my pencil moving.


NHRR logo development from Herbert Matter on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment